Inspired by the Capture the Flag game mode, Rockstar have released Capture Mode which introduces 20 new Jobs across four unique modes; Raid, Hold, GTA, and Contend, each mode offers a unique spin on the capture the flag game mode as well as various aspects of attack and defend.
In the new Raid mode you’ll be required to attack your way into the opponents base and steal a package, then deliver it back to your base to score points, all of this whilst the opposing team attacks your base to steal your packages. The winner is decided when the score limit is reached or who has stolen the most packages when the time runs down.
Hold has a fairly similar concept except the packages can be found littered across the map. Teams must collect and store as many packages as possible in their base. In order to win players must reach the target score, or hold the most packages when the time runs out.
GTA mode is a sort of Gone in 60 Seconds type game mode. Players must locate and steal various vehicles found around the map and then bring them back to their base. Each team must fight to steal more vehicles in the allotted time than their opponents.
Finally Contend, in this game mode there’s only one package found in the middle of the map. Teams must fight to bring this package back to their respective bases, and once the package is captured it respawns in the middle of the map and is up for grabs again. Now that sounds like a fantastic game mode!
Along with all of this brand-new content Rockstar have fixed a few things too when the Title Update launches today, the patch notes are as follows:
- Increased cash payouts for losing teams in Last Team standing and Team Deathmatch.
- Increased the cash and RP rewards for Races with multiple laps.
- Cash payouts for Parachuting now take points scored into account.
- Improved spawning for Deathmatches where the spawn points were previously very far apart.
- Improved support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian in the Creator.
- Calling the mechanic now shows you if a vehicle on the list is destroyed or impounded.
- Team balancing does a better job of putting friends and crew members together.
- BETA Crew Head to Head matches are now available to play. To initiate a Crew Head to Head, you’ll need to create a Playlist that does not contain Vehicle Deathmatches, Survivals or any Jobs that require more than 2 teams. From there, go into My Playlists and you’ll see a prompt for Head to Head (BETA). This will launch the lobby and you’ll be able to invite other players from your Crew, Friend’s Crews or Skill Matched Crews.
- Player blips no longer remain red on Missions when the player has a Bounty.
- Players who end a Race as DNF are now awarded cash relevant to the amount of checkpoints they passed through during the course of the Race.
- Players who race solo now earn cash. Previously, zero cash was awarded for a solo race.
- Last Team Standing, Capture and Missions are separated out in the Create Playlist menu.
- Small deduction to the amount of cash the winners of Races, Parachuting and Last Team Standing matches receive in order to increase payouts for all other participants.
- Masks are now removed during Races where a helmet is required and are also removed by default when a player uses the Smoking animation.
- The Purchase All Ammo option now charges the full value of filling all player held weapons with ammo.
- Fixes an issue where GTA Online players could reach North Yankton.
- Fixes a rare issue where characters could be lost if the player attempted to join GTA Online when disconnected from the Network.
- Fixes for various duplicate vehicle exploits.
- Fixes issues when using the Character Select from inside the Creator.
- Fixes issues with ammo vanishing after testing a Deathmatch in the Creator.
- Fixes exploits of the Fastest Lap bonus.
- Glasses from the Beach Bum update now appear in the inventory menu.
- Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating.
- Bad Sport timers now read properly and show the correct time left in the Bad Sport lobby instead of “00d00h00m”.